Founded in 1920, the Miles River Yacht Club enjoys a rich tradition of supporting boating, sailing, and swimming activities, promoting social recreation, and enhancing the general welfare of the community. Our proud heritage includes supporting the Log Canoe Races, a major attraction on the Bay. The Miles River Yacht Club was organized in November, 1920. It was incorporated June of 1921 and purchased it's permanent location on Long Haul Creek in 1930. In 1937, the first handbook containing the constitution and the By-Laws of the Club was adopted and printed. The committee was composed of William C. Mills, Nicols Hardcastle and Robert W. Lewis. For over fifty years, MRYC coordinated the annual July 4th fireworks display on behalf of the Town of St Michaels. The Club has also hosted many local meetings and events, and is considered by many as a community partner. Our proud heritage includes supporting the Log Canoe Races, whcih has become a major attraction on the Bay. Through the development of both adult and junior said programs, MRYC has significantly expanded interest in the art of sailing. Our history now includes a Vet Sailing program dedicated to thanking our military for their dedication and sacrifice while in the service of our Country. Statement of Purpose The board of Governors adopted the following statement of purpose on November 20, 2000. The purpose of the Miles River Yacht Club is to stimulate interest in boating, sailing, and swimming, to promote social recreation, and to enhance the general welfare of the community.